Whether you’re talking about tenders, production estimates or administrative processes, the important thing is to find the most cost-effective solutions that meet the specified requirements. Bidcon helps you do this and much more, offering real support as you work on estimating. Our large databases are being progressively expanded to cover all aspects of construction.
The estimating program for small and large companies
- Quick and easy to create a structured and detailed cost estimations
- Extensive price books with possibility to create own (custom) recipes
- Easy to adjust the contents of the spreadsheet records by the conditions that apply to your project
- Different Sheets with alternative views and Summaries
- Import and Export BOQ, price requests and BIM objects (Quantity postings)
- Codes, Accounts and Material groupings to assist selections
- Security levels as well as User levels that are customizable.
- The maintenance contract includes free access to support during office hours and free software updates
- We offer open training at several locations or completely customized training for your company to you as quickly as possible to get the benefit of Bidcon.
Wide range of functionalities
Bidcon English Standard – consists of estimation explorer, reference books (price book library), spreadsheets and summary sheets.
Import and Export, Price requests, importing BOQ with structures and BIM functionality as well as predefined and customizable reports/printouts is available.
Global search and filter, Codes for production or structure and Accounts/material grouping can be used to simplify all stages of estimating.
Security levels with user management of groups and/or individual customizable rights/settings for both program and estimations.
More advanced features like Production Phase and Travel Solution, Multi Estimation, Locations and Cost Control is currently only available in Sweden.
Reference books are different libraries of Mixed Elements (ME), Design Element (DE), Production Results (PR), Resources (RES) and Articles from Vendor Pricelists. These dictionaries contain predefined recipes that can be easily adjusted in the estimation. The pane Favorites is the users own shortcuts to ME, DE, PR, RES and Vendors pricelists and can be organized, with own structure, to achieve quick and easy access.
Structured price libraries
Mixed Elements (ME) is per definition a typical room, space or area, consisting of one or more Design Element (DE) or Production Results (PR) – Not in standard edition
Design Element (DE) is complexed recipes or functions, consisting of one or more production results (PR).
Production Results (PR) is Basic recipe or activity consisting of different types of Resources such as Labour, Material or Subcontractor with time consumption and costs.
Resource (RES) is the basic elements in the estimation. Resources can be of different types such as Plant/machines (P), materials (M), Labour (L), Subcontractors (SC), Officers/officials (O), Information (I), tendered Subcontractor [SC], tendered materials [M] and Adjustment (J).
An Article is a specific product that can be linked to a material resource, this pane also contains imported Vendor Price Lists, discount letters and supplier information is accessed.
– Not in standard edition
Customized spreadsheet views
In the Estimation explorer there are both current and previously saved estimations. Depending on the configuration of BidCon, the function is different. Estimations saved in the database, which we recommend, will always be opened in the Explorer where you can see or hide all estimations, closed or opened. File-based estimations will only be shown in the explorer if they are opened.
All postings are placed in an Estimation Sheet. Most postings that a project should contain are entered into the Net Sheet.
Postings related to expenses regarding the project can be entered in a separate Tender Sheet. Expenses (such as production costs) can be entered in the Expense Sheet, often used as template.
– Not in standard edition
Object Summary is a sheet where all active entries are summarized and can be adjusted regarding the various resources/articles prices etc.
In the Summary transferred values / ratios from the estimations sheets can be added more information (calculations, key figures) to retrieve a tender sum. Use predefined or customize with Excel.
An easy and secure way to use our software
To make your life even easier, you can subscribe to Elecosoft software and rent server space. We can guarantee a reliable solution without input from an external IT consultant or your IT department – all you need is a computer and an Internet connection. The solution means your company can use a shared server, so that everyone running the software can access the same information quickly and efficiently wherever they are. This improves accessibility and encourages the mobile office. At present these programs support cloud services: SiteCon, BidCon and PlanCon. Cloud services are a straightforward, secure solution available to companies of all sizes.
- Easy to get started.
- Install the program and you are ready to go. There is a desktop icon and you will only need to log in the first time.
- We install all updates for you, and you will then use them automatically.
- The software runs on Citrix Server, ruling out problems with low connection speeds. This works well with GPRS and 3G connections.
- There is no need to invest in your own servers or in Citrix Server to benefit from shared access for everyone in the company, wherever they are.
- Little input required from IT consultants or your IT department.
- Leaves you to focus on your core business.
- Greater security – the server is housed in a state-of-the-art computer centre at a different geographical location.
- Automatic backups several times a day.
- There is no upfront investment – instead you pay a fixed monthly subscription.
- Elecosoft can guarantee a reliable solution with optimised functionality